[3830] ARRLDX SSB W7WA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7wa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W7WA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:59:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W7WA
Operator(s): W7WA
Station: W7WA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  505    71
   10:  396    47
-------------------
Total:  901   118  Total Score = 294,528

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Local 15M broadband RFI from the north had started recently therefore I decided
to try old school (unassisted) SOSB10M. The start was okay, 370+ qso's Friday
evening. Saturday am turned on the radio at 14Z to be welcomed by an unknown RFI
source peaking from 100 degree direction. At the time of morning most of the DX
was coming from that direction, I soldiered through it hoping it would stop or
the band would open direct to Europe. At 16Z it was still there and only skew
path Europe so I switched to SOSB15M. That was fun for a while however I could
not copy anything from Eu below S3 so I know I missed some callers. Boredom set
in later, last qso in log at 23:00Z.