[3830] ARRLDX SSB KF6NCX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KF6NCX SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 04:53:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

   20:   9      7
   15:  38     14
   10:  40     11
-------------------
Total:  87     32  Total Score = 8,352

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a lot of fun.  Conditions seemed very good, with 15 and 10 meters quite
open during times I was operating.  Ten meters was especially good and very
quiet. I worked lots of Japanese stations on 10 and 15 meters and was surprised
to find a couple of good openings to Europe.

I was 99.9 percent S&P but during the last five minutes of the contest, I
tried calling cq on 10 meters.  The band was very quiet which made for good
hearing.  After a few calls I got a response from a Hawaiian station.  The
operator gave me is report in a pretty faint voice and then told me, "You
have a very good signal here this afternoon."  That was good to hear.  Next
I got called by a Japanese station in an even fainter voice.  I had to ask for
one or two repeats before I got his call but we heard each other correctly.  I
was amazed when I heard his signal report: "5-9, 005 ... Five watts."
Wow!  I'm sure I was only able to hear him because the band was so quiet.

Thanks for the qsos and 73!  Larry

Kenwood TS-590SG, KPA500, Buddihex at 20 feet