[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4LT(@W4DUG) SOUAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lromero56@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4LT(@W4DUG) SOUAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 20:25:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: SOUAB LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   57    27
   20:  134    47
   15:   23    11
   10:   94    29
-------------------
Total:  308   114  Total Score = 104,652

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6400 / Maestro - 100% remote
Ant: C31XR @ 108 ft, EF240X @ 118ft

Not much time for this one on our Club's shared rig. Search and pounce, however,
was able to find a slot on 20m right before sunrise when all the big guns were
asleep to have a very nice and fun run which netted 112 Q's in one hour. Also,
the 94Q's on 10 were also a run... way up high in the band where the competition
was less than in the slugfest down low. The Self Spot ability certainly helped
as in this day and age, no one tunes anymore, so always knew that the deluge
would start as soon as I sent the spot on the cluster.  Missed a 40m split Q
with LN8W as my rig would not cooperate and transmit on the B-VFO.  Lost about 3
minutes pressing buttons and reversing my VFO's manually but by that time, he
was gone. Then, near the end of the contest, the DVK stopped working for no
known reason. Oh well! Such are the challenges with Flex... Gotta love software!

Fun was had nevertheless.  Thanks all for the QSO's and for digging me out of
the collective din of HP stations. Antennas help, but amps help the most.

73 - Lu W4LT