[3830] NCQP KG4IGC SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCQP KG4IGC SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 02:08:33 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 3:01

   80:    0     0       0
   40:   39     0       0
   20:    0     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:   39     0       0  Mults = 29  Total Score = 3,393

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Got a late start in this years contest because I did not realize that it started
a couple of hours earlier than the SCQP. I jumped on 40 meters around 1:30 PM
and noticed that the band was really quiet. I was hearing every CW operator who
was participating in the QSO party pretty much an armchair copy. I decided right
then to lower my power to 5 watts and try to work the contest single band 40
QRP. To my delight, every single station that I called answered me with only one
or two calls. I even managed to totally destroy a couple of pileups when a new
county would pop up on the band by using some of the skills that I learned from
N4XL concerning pile-ups. Thanks Kevan!! I had planned to spend the rest of the
day working the QSO party , but then I noticed in the rules that there was no
catagory for QRP CW only, plus I was planning on only working the 40 meter band.
I had fun the time that I was on the air, but was a little discouraged that the
only catagory for QRP was mixed mode. Maybe in the future the co-ordinators of
this event might concider adding QRP CW only and QRP phone only catagories?

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000 SDRPlay for Panadapter
PWR: 100 Watts
ANT:272\\\' Loop, 2X Super Loops, NA4RR Hex Antenna, Maco V/58,  Ground mounted
Gap Challenger

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\'s premier contesting
club representing the great state of South Carolina!  We would love to have you
as a member of our contesting team! Individual, family, & student
memberships available. For more info go to:
https://www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com/