[3830] CQ160 SSB IK7YTT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB IK7YTT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:32:15 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: IK7YTT
Operator(s): IK7YTT
Station: IK7YTT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 267  State/Prov = 9  Countries = 42  Total Score = 75,048

was not willing to participate because is always a festival of Kws from the same
stations that are also guarding the same frequency for 48h.

Band is wide for many Eu countries but this big guns stay always in same spots
and bark to you If you call there when they are off.
So my decision was to work only S&P  (no intention to fight with anyone) and
low power beause with good antenna is enough to work all EU.

Friday went to sleep early…woke up at 1UTC….and started to spin the VFOs up
and down, easily worked all the stations with no rush.
At greayline I can barely ear k1lz and only get k3lr in the qrm.

Saturday was also smooth s&p operation with no rush with many off times. Big
difference was at sunrise with many loud US station. On top of them k3lr &
k1lz both of them +20 for more then 30minutes. They also move up from the usual
freq in order to have no qrm form EU-kws

Sunday band was noise and with many crashes due to a storm+ was not possible to
be on radio for long time so just made few qso until 18utc.

I tried couple of time to call on clear freq, but after few minutes or I was
surrounded or someone come to claim his own feq back.
I don’t know how some low power stations can run calling for 48h!!!!

This contest can attract more people without some bad habits and respect of
power limits.

Setup:
RTX: SUNSDR DX with 2 VFO
Ant: Inv L with raised single radial at 15mt.