[3830] ARRLDX CW P40N M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW P40N M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 20:08:33 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: P40N
Operator(s): EA5KA EA7X
Station: P40N

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Montaña, ARUBA

  160:  143    35
   80:  509    52
   40:  968    57
   20: 1255    59
   15: 1518    59
   10: 1620    60
-------------------
Total: 6013   322  Total Score = 5,803,728

We knew beforehand this trip the noise at the station was bad, specially to
W/VE. Anyhow we decided to try. Indeed the noise was a challenge. Normally on
high bands is s5, many times s7, without the K3 preamp and with narrow bandwidth
you get s2-3 noise level. 160 m dipole broke first night before the action
started. We managed to put something resonating temporary around the lot. One of
the two tribanders has around 6 dB attenuation, probably along the coax line. WX
on the island corrodes metal rapidly so it's a continuous fight with that on
stations maintenance.

With such great high bands conditions the W/VE stations seems to be very busy
working EU on our morning in spite our path to NA is wide open, so there was not
much to do until they start losing the euros. Our peak was around 22 Z.

We were summoned to attend the arubana tradition for dinner on Thursday with the
other stations ops at P40L, John P44W and with a contester and friend Roberto
CE3CT and his wife Carolina who were on holiday in the island.

Congrats to our mates at ED1R who did a terrific work and to TM6M, probably the
EU M2 winner, an amazing score. Also congrats to the EU top scores and good
friends on SOAB CR6K, EF6T and brother EB7A.

Thanks to all for calling and sorry to all who we couldn't hear.
Thanks to Arturo who came with us but did not operated but helped with the
setup.
Also thanks to the station owner Ben DL6RAI for his cooperation.

Dipoles for 160, 80 and 40 m. 2 tribanders for high bands.
2 x K3
Acom and Hal Atlantic amps