[3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 00:39:25 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sarasota FL

  160:   14    11
   80:  103    47
   40:  289    58
   20:  151    57
   15:  255    60
   10:  343    63
-------------------
Total: 1155   297  Total Score = 1,029,105

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hey, with sunspots this contest is fun!

I normally would have been part of multiop at K5KG, but George has had antenna
rotator issues which made that not possible. So I operated from our condo, with
my 80M OCF at 40 feet or so, plus a 160 inverted J at similar heights.
Fortunately a week ago Florida Power & Light was able to fix a major line
noise source that had clobbered 80 & 160 since I arrived here in the fall.

Bands played well. 40 was amazingly good, 20 not so easy, and of course 10 made
it's long awaited appearance. Best DX was JT1CO on both 15 & 20. I had some
very nice runs on 40 and 10, which a 40M run in the last 90 minutes got me over
the million point level. Several six band QSOs with the Caribbean big guns, and
quite a few five banders with folks in Europe, plus KH6LC.

73  -  Jim   K8MR