[3830] NA Sprint CW K5ZD HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5zd@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5ZD HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 04:07:53 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 3.9
OpMode: SO2R

---------------------

Team:

Comments:

The conditions were very good.  Nice to have 20 stay open so late and yet still
be able to work the West Coast on 80.  Activity seemed down, but not surprising
given the rough weather across the country.

I have been using Writelog and the microHam MK2R+ for many years now.  Never a
problem.  I had two times when the MK2R+ driver completely locked up.  Lost
comms with the radio and keyer.  Lost 7 minutes in the first hour trying to
debug and then rebooting.  Happened again in the last hour, but I knew to reboot
right away. Hard to lose 11-12 minutes of op time in this one!

Didn't think I had a chance to make it to 300, but rate stayed steady right to
the end.

Missed ME, RI, OK, NV, UT, WV, and ND.  Heard lots of VE7 but in the BCQP.
Thanks to W1NVT for working the Sprint and VT QSO Party.  K7NJ was very loud on
20 and 40, but working only FOC.