[3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mms@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9MMS Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:08:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: IL

Total:  QSOs = 511  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 12  Total Score = 84,111

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

K4 at 100W ; TX via INV-L ; RX via Hi-Z 3-element

Only planned on a part time effort.  Missed ND and AK for WAS.  Never saw ND
spotted.  Saw a few KL7SB spots, but never able to copy him.  Also missed DC,
NS, (and of course) NT, YU, and NU.  Worked three KH6 stations -- One called in
during a CQ run.

Made several CQ runs, but not great rates for most of them.  Spent too much time
chasing spots, trying to work weak DX signals with LP, and tuning around instead
of CQing more.  Unable to hear most of the DX spotted.  Only worked 5 EU
stations. Several times when a weak DX signal was barely readable, a US
CQ-machine covered them up, so unworkable.

Running LP, as I have mostly done in many past 160 meter events, did not seem to
work as well this time.  Quit at 0413 Z the second night, since most S&P
stations were worked before, I could not get good CQ runs going, and I could not
copy most of the DX spotted.  No longer fun, some time to QRT.

If we worked, thanks for the Qs and Ms.
73,
   Gary . K9MMS