[3830] CWopsT OH2MZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH2MZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 01:40:56 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Nov 30

Call: OH2MZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP21BK
Operating Time (hrs): 0.8

Total:  30  Mults = 27  Total Score = 810

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

While traveling to the Finnish West Coast, I was looking
for a lakeside position with a good take-off over water
to the West. However, the intended route was a private
road, so I ended up in flat snow covered pasture, most
likely rich soil. Actually signal levels were quite good,
but Aurora peaked over 55 GW (and over 85 GW in the 1900Z
session). So, on 14 MHz USA was very fluttery and weak.

On 21 MHz I got Jeff PJ4/KU8E, and Spray W4SPR did an
excellent job by painstakingly pulling  me out of mud
(SPR is here the abbreviation for the Finnish Red Cross).

This was the first time I used the Lithium-Titanate-Oxide
(LTO) batteries in the car (a 6S series for 13.8 volts):
48 Wh was used for 48 minutes of S/P with the IC-7300 and
a 1/4-wave vertical on the car, parked to the roadside.

I lost 12 minutes with N1MM+ complaining about an existent
session: not showing up, so I had to take my spare laptop.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops