[3830] CQWW CW W5ZN SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W5ZN SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:17:49 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W5ZN
Operator(s): W5ZN
Station: W5ZN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: AR

  160:   55    12       30
   80:  213    16       56
   40:  501    29       80
   20:  326    31       83
   15:  315    29       90
   10:  207    22       71
------------------------------

Club: Arkansas DX Association

Comments:

The original plan this year was to run M/S with KW9A and AG9A plus a couple of
local part time ops. Unfortunately, Dave and Mark had to postpone due to family
matters then on Tuesday I sustained a very serious injury to my left index
finger while removing a mast from a tower being disassembled. As a result I was
undecided on what category, if any, to pursue. Late on Friday I decided to do an
SOSB 160 as last year but after about an hour on 160 I concluded that would be
fruitless as condx here in Arkansas were awful. I then thought maybe an SOSB 80
was in order but those condx were similar to 160.

So, I said what the heck and decided to run SOAB (no assistance) and see what
that produced. 40 was in very gud shape and 15 turned out to be excellent.

My ability to proficiently type and enter callsigns in the log was quite
impacted by the finger injury but I struggled through it. For those who’s
callsign I mistyped and had to correct or was slow in returning to you, now you
will understand the issue!!

All of this considered I was very pleased with my result and I’m confident if
I had adequately prepared for an SOAB effort upfront my result would have been
better, crossing the 3M mark on the score. But life happens, we adapt and move
forward. The overall 2022 CQWW CW experience was satisfying!

Thanks for all the Q’s and mults.

Radio Equipment used for this contest:
Elecraft K4D, OM Power OM-2500 amplifier

160 Meter Antennas:
TX – 5 element parasitic array
RX – HiZ-8, BSEF-8, YCCC-9, Beverages (NE, SE, W, NW)

80 Meter Antennas:
TX – 4 square
RX – BSEF-8, YCCC-9, Beverages (NE, SE, W, NW)

40 meters:
TX – W6NL Moxon @ 120 ft, 40-2CD @ 60 ft (rotatable)
RX – YCCC-9, Beverages (NE, SE, W, NW)

20-15-10:
Stacked JK Mid-Tri’s @ 110’, 70’, 40’ (all rotatable)
Low Band Systems StackMatch
VA6AM HP Triplexer & Filters with AS Six Pak
FilterMax IV

Score Breakdown:

Band    Q’s     Zn      Cty
1.8     55      12      30