[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0EU SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:26:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 27
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:   12     7        8
   80:   58    15       32
   40:  337    33       93
   20:  321    33      100
   15:  795    32      104
   10:  186    25       55
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

What started out as playing radio for a few hours turned into a semi-serious
weekend. I didn't have any plans at all as I had already done serious entries in
SS CW and SS PHONE. I got on briefly Friday evening and started up again
Saturday morning. My wife was busy with other things, so I decided to play radio
all day up to around midnight. 80M and 160M were a big bust for me. Europeans
CQ'd in my face on 80M, and I didn't hear anything other than Carribean stations
on 160. This is nothing new as my station has so much ambient noise now that I
can't believe I ever worked Europe on top band.

I slept through most of the 40M JA opening and started up again at 7 AM local
after walking the dogs. Took a few breaks during the day Sunday and got to
bypass the pain of watching a terrible Denver Bronco team getting beat. Was
pleasantly surprised when 10M opened to Japan.

I'm not sure if I'll ever put in another serious entry in this contest. Staying
awake for almost two days takes a serious toll on my mind and body. Kudos to the
super human ops that still manage a full 48 hours.

It sure is fun when the bands are hopping, though.

73 Randy K0EU