[3830] CQWW CW N8HM SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8hm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N8HM SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:19:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N8HM
Operator(s): N8HM
Station: N8HM

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: Washington, DC

   15:  11     5        10
   10:   2     2         2
------------------------------
Total:  13     7        12  Total Score = 665

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was just messing around with a sub-$250 station. The radio used was a Chinese
clone uSDR and the antenna was a Harvest HA-1850 telescoping whip mounted on my
south facing balcony. The radio costs $130, antenna $70, and I estimate about
$50 for the magmount, ground strap, and coax. To key the radio, I was sending CW
using the built in PTT buttons. I thank the DX stations for copying my terrible
fist and apologize. My callsign is pretty easy to key that way, but 5NN 5 is
not! It was fun working stations in Europe with such a cheap setup!

The uSDR radio specifies 5 watts output on the internal battery, but my power
output was actually about 8 watts on 15 meters and 2.5 watts on 10 meters, so
I'm submitting my log as low power rather than QRP. I was also using the
surprisingly good internal CW decoder, so this is an assisted entry.

A very poorly shot video of one of my QSOs can be found at
https://twitter.com/PRStoetzer/status/1596890383543566336