[3830] CQWW CW N4XL SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4XL SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 00:38:20 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 26
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    5     4        4
   80:   50    12       31
   40:  289    22       76
   20:  319    31       96
   15:  334    27       91
   10:  138    25       79
------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

High bands following higher sunspot propagation patterns. All bands very quiet.
Able to do some runs this year. Not strong, but better than only S&P. RBN
showed signal strength rapidly changing.

Worked a lot of JA. Unusual for me and my low power station, but snagged a BA4
long path. Was called by A44A on a run. Worked a VU also. Was able to break some
pileups fairly easily that I didn't think I would be able to. TY, OY, 3B8, 3B9,
5W, and FR8. Put several other DX stations in the log that I don't usually work.
Glad to see good activity.

Had some station and medical issues. Lost the 160/80 Inv-L due to failed water
protection at feed point. Water in buried coax and line isolator. Ouch. Need to
dig up and replace coax. 160 gone for good. Have an elevated 40/80 vertical with
narrow band width in 80 SSB portion of the band. Was able to insert a manual
tuner and dial in some inductance to let it work on CW portion. That really
helped the score. Had to walk outside to bypass tuner when I wanted to work 40.
One trip at night the motion detector light turned off on me. Was wearing flip
flops. Didn't see an obstacle in the dark and kicked it so hard my toe bled and
toe nail moved up and down. Mixed blessing. The pain helped keep me awake, but
was somewhat distracted. Made it harder to care. Between antenna issues, toe,
and wicked sinus headache I just wasn't very motivated. I had seriously expected
to get over 2 meg this time.

Out of practice running and SO2R station still having intermittent antenna
trips. Many N1MM problems trying to use two keyboards. Had to reboot system
several times to get keyboards back in sink with the proper rig. Did very little
SO2R, but managed to get 20 or 30 q's in before giving up on it.

All in all, considering the issues I am pleased with results.

Kevan N4XL
TS590 x2
Bencher Skyhawk yagi @ 50 ft
80/40 elevated vertical