[3830] SS SSB K1RX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K1RX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:42:23 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W1

  160:    0

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Started on 10 M with the intention of just playing, nothing serious and maybe a
little stress testing of the station before CQ WW CW.  Stopped at 150 Q's and
joined the family.
Boring movies brought me back to the shack.  Had a shortage of headsets that
worked properly, so had to move them around to operate the 3 different setups
(all prep for CQ WW) and had some issues with the mic/computer sound card, etc.
Eventually got things going.

40 M was a bottomless supply of callers - fun digging practically inaudible
signals out but they just kept coming.  Last two sections were KL7 and VY1AAA
and found them on 40 of all places.  One call each and it seemed early for them
(00-01Z). They were weak but in the clear.  Did not really look hard for any
multiplier.  Missed VI and SJV.

Wanted to operate until it was no longer fun. Couple of times thought, will quit
when I reach 100K, then 700 Q's, then 800 and finally decided at 0100Z Sunday
night, will quit at 900.  I announced that I was going QRT and the pileup
ensued! Crazy!

Now have to attend to some issues that turned up as part of the stress testing
for WW. Ugh!

73, Mark, K1RX