[3830] SS SSB KG5VK Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KG5VK Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:20:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KG5VK
Operator(s): KG5VK W5WZ WB0TEV W5JK KD2KW KG5VQZ
Station: KG5VK

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0
   10:    4

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Thanks to everyone on our Team for joining us at the KG5VK station this year.

It was great to have Victor WB0TEV back at my station this year, Scott W5WZ
traveled in from Louisiana to join us and it was great to see him.

Scott and Victor Tied for the most QSO's and Best Rate makers of our team.

Ken KD2KW brought KG5VQZ, while Randall is a new member to HF Contesting, he
learns quickly and brings "HF Ears" to the table with his POTA
experiences, we look forward to having Randall at many more multi op events.

Six operators total this year for this contest, Steve W5JK and myself being the
only Full Time Operators this time.

The weather did cooperate (No Thunderstorms), although Murphy did visit the
station, as we found we have a somewhat intermittent attenuation (on Receive) on
the Log Periodic, our sole 20m array and it shows in our low number of 20m Q's
I suspect a Remote Coax switch, which I thought I had fixed Sunday morning but
apparently NOT. Hindsight after some rest and while writing this I realize we
could have used the SAL-30 Receive array and not had Intermittent attenuation
receive issues - good ole Hindsight :)

It is always an Honor to have fellow Contest OPS come to my station
I love the comradery of Multi-Op.

The Online Scoreboard showed we were in the Top Ten Overall for Multi-Op High
Power last night when I secured the Station. We are grooming a new Team and I
feel our team did awesome this weekend. As usual we all learned something from
our experience, most of us shared great stories of fellowship with those OPS we
have worked with in past events and even a few Tall Tails :)

Thanks to KB5KBE my wife Zogail for keeping plenty of food available and
spending long hours at home supporting our team

The minor Solar storm obviously had an impact on our 10 meter activity

Thanks to everyone reading this and those that answered our CQ Sweepstakes
calls
it is an honor to work each and everyone of you and have you as part of the
equation of our team having fun!

Cheers!
Steve KG5VK