[3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 02:13:22 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Log has been uploaded to LOTW and submitted to the contest sponsor.

A big tree branch blew down in a wind storm and took out our second radio high
band antennas, so this was pretty much a single-radio operation.

Bands were in good shape with not much noise. The mults came easily this year
with many of the "difficult" sections calling me. The Sweep came at
0635 with AH6KO. It took 4 hours to get the last section when two PACs called me
in a row on 80m.

My last five sections were NE, OK, WY, LA and PAC. To help ease the Sunday
doldrums, I start over counting sections when I wake up on Sunday morning. I
worked all but WY, AR, MS, and MAR, so a Sunday Sweep was definitely possible.

It's always fun to work other school stations. As part of my computer
programming class, I have students write a program to analyze a Sweepstakes log,
so they are analyzing mine. One of their report files includes schools worked:

K7UAZ N6RA W8SH W8EDU W4ODU

We're planning to field a student Phone SS team again this year after several
COVID years off. Practicing is going well. We hope to work you all again. Thanks
for the fun and the good competition!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC