[3830] CWopsT OG6B(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OG6B(OH1ZAA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 14:58:00 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Nov 9

Call: OG6B
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP21TA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.7

Total:  34  Mults = 30  Total Score = 1,020

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

A little flash and aromatic smoke. Maybe the
50 years old 8873 departed irreversibly, or
a bias component failed. At least there is
no plate bias seen on the instruments. My
alternative is an old, but unused YU-129
(a SHF tube used for 1296 MHz in the old
days). Probably good for a kilowatt on HF,
but it requires a squirrel blower.

So I did run LP and could not reach USA
on 14 MHz easily, and neither on 21 MHz.

Also my paddle had suffered a blow, as
I could not reliably get out my expanded
comments to Frans PA0INA and Bert F6HKA
on 21 MHz. Others were worked S/P from
IC-7300 message memory (fixed messages).

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA/OH5ZA #1856 CWops