[3830] SS CW N9RV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N9RV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2022 03:57:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N9RV
Operator(s): N9RV
Station: N9RV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Great to see 10/15 open.  Strategy out here is pretty simple, but it needs
everything to work!  Amp #2 wouldn't run, finally brought one of my old amps out
of retirement and got it going at 2059 UTC and it was game on ...

Except that the operator was not exactly ready at that point, which became
painfully obvious as the contest went on.  You need a certain amount of mental
prep to push through a SS CW with the limited nature of participation showing
its ugly head on Sunday.  It was good to hear the full timers pushing the pedal
to the floor all day.  I hope to be there with you next year.

40 meters was a big disappointment this year, not really sure why.  Congrats to
everyone out there on some great efforts.