[3830] SS CW VE4GV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE4GV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:39:30 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 8:30

  160:    0
   80:    4

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Part time effort to give out the MB mult.  Other VE4s were on but didn't have
KW/beams or were running QRP (masochists!) Winnipeg Jets and family time limited
me to 8 hours. But boy, that was fun. It was pretty much just under 100/hr the
whole time.

I am seriously going to have to re-strategize for the SS SSB.  Only 35 Qs on 20m
???? That's INSANE for up here. 40 m the main band?  Never heard of that
happening  in all the time I've been doing SS .  Nice to see 10 open to relieve
the congestion of past 5 years and 15 also was  buzzing.

It doesn't match the thrill of being at PJ2T for something like CQ WW but those
8 hours were fun.  Lots of deep QSB that sometimes made copy tough on 40m. My
low band antennas on my city lot are too noisy and lousy to be effective so its
refreshing to see the higher bands open.  One of two ops thanked me for the
Sweep. Looked for VE3CX later on Sunday.  Never heard him so missed Northern
Ontario for the Sweep. Argh.

See you in SS Phone.

Rob VE4GV