[3830] SS CW N0AX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hwardsil@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N0AX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:32:26 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX WB0SND N9UR KB9LLD
Station: N0AX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MO

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I'll have to dedicate this one to Ellen White, W1YL, who used to manage ARRL
contests - she became a Silent Key on Saturday during one of "her"
contests.  Very 73 and 88 to LN - she is already missed.

Lots of great activity on the high bands this year.  10 meters was awesome right
at the start with northern mults all loud and clear.  VO2 and KL7 on 10 meters?
Huh?  Pinch me!  Although it didn't help our rate, it was a lot of fun to go
after the multipliers and we had our Clean Sweep in the log at 0300 UTC - the
last section, of all places, was LAX.  Did everybody clear out of Los Angeles
this weekend?  A big thank you, especially, to our Canadian friends who put all
of the VE multipliers on the air, big time.

A great team effort here.  Tony KB9LLD was doing his first contest from the
station and we threw him right into the fire and he liked it!  Mike WB0SND is a
veteran of visits here, and Joe N9UR came down and did the grilling on Saturday
night.  Four ops was just enough.  We had an hour of off-time to kill on Sunday
afternoon, so a small tower project got done in the great weather, as well.  We
kept an eye on the real-time scoreboard and stayed neck-and-neck with N4EEB all
weekend - great for keeping butts in chairs.

We'll have a bigger crew for Sweepstakes Phone and hope to repeat the Sweep and
the good time.  Glad to hear the bands full of CW QSOs.  See you in two weeks!

73, Ward N0AX