[3830] SS CW KE2D SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW KE2D SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:21:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 13:50

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I didn't start till 8 pm EDT Saturday but after 2.5 hours, I had 82 sections.
It took a while to find NL and then I didn't get LAX till the afternoon while
calling CQ on 15m and WA6YKR called in (I did eventually get 2 more LAX).  I
know other people were chasing LAX also.  Seemed like the most wanted/least
heard section this year.  Conditions were obviously better than recent years.  I
called CQ on 10m for a bit Sunday afternoon just so I could give out SNJ to the
far corners if anyone needed it.  To my surprise I had 2 NT stations call in on
10m and they were both loud.  That's usually one of the toughest ones for me.
Also had at least 3 AK stations this time, another section that is usually a
challenge to find and work. Still only heard and worked one NNY station (WW2Y).
What's with that?  It's not like it's the Yukon?  Are there that few hams on HF
in NNY?  I remember one year NNY is what kept me from sweeping in CW.  I do
appreciate WW2Y getting on.  Also seemed to be more QRP stations than I
remember. A couple of them were on the west coast and called in on 80m last
night. I hope I got those exchanges right.  The ones on 10m were much easier
this afternoon.  All QSOs with 600W and 3 wire dipoles: 80m inverted V, fan
dipole, 20m vertical dipole.  While a sweep is never guaranteed and still
requires some effort, this was easier than I remember in a while.  Many years at
the bottom of the last cycle I didn't get it.