[3830] SS CW KH6AQ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, telegrapher9@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KH6AQ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 03:18:10 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PAHOA, HI
Operating Time (hrs): 19:52

  160:    0
   80:    2

That was good fun and my biggest SS effort ever. The SS brings out operators of
all skill levels and hopefully many of them enjoyed it enough that they'll try
other contests.

The first day I made the mistake of taking 80 minutes off to wait for 40 meters
to open strongly as mainland ops QSYed from 20 down to 40 meters at 4PM local. I
thought I'd rest up to make a run until midnight but it wasn't to be. 40 became
unproductive for me at 9PM Hawai'i time so I went to bed at my normal time.
Checking 40 meters at 2AM I made nine Qs then went back to sleep. Sunday was
actually more fun even without the "high rate" hours. Happily, half an
hour before the contest ended I ran across VY1CO on 20 meters for that elusive
NT section. Very nice. As 40 meters wasn't open strongly yet I remained on 20
meters calling until the end, netting nine Qs. Thank you all for another fine SS
and see you next year.

FTdx-10 + AL-811 amp at 600W
6BTV vertical on 80m
34' vertical on 40m