[3830] SS CW W1VE(@K2LE/1) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1VE(@K2LE/1) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 02:07:13 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: K2LE/1

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 13:45
Remote Operation

  160:    0
   15:    8
   10:    5

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The best laid plans of mice and men!  J, VY1JA, and I had been working on his
station and his recovery, and we were ready for SS.  However, plans were changed
when I had to attend a funeral in NJ.  Pal Rich, VE3KI, offered to step in and
operate the VY1AAA remote.   It was great that VY1CO had also mounted a CW
multiop, so NT was well supported.

I returned home, after a  six hour drive, to start SS at 0200z Saturday from the
K2LE/1 remote in Vermont.  I missed essentially the high bands.   However, 80
and 40 produced good results.   I had an original goal of a sweep and 1K QSOs,
but the participation was just not there.  I see some low numbers out of many
stations.

CW SS has been my favorite contest of all time.  Great to work so many excellent
CW ops, and to give out the Vermont mult!

See you in the SSB version from VY1AAA, hopefully!

Thanks to pal Andy for the use of the station.  Always a blast.

73,

Gerry W1VE