[3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M6T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 22:10:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G2NF G4MJS M0MDR M0SDV G4KNO G4PIQ G4PVM G0PZA G0WCW G4AFF M0TBS
G0VJG G0AEV M0HKB G0EGW M0BCT G4CXT
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02RF

  160:   592    11       57
   80:  1772    23       96
   40:  3432    36      133
   20:  2613    39      145
   15:  2864    38      147
   10:  1908    35      134
-------------------------------

For once we had beautiful weather for the two days of station build - beautiful
sunshine and 20C is so unusual in this part of the world at the end of October.
A delightful weekend to sleep in a tent! We hadn't done very much at the station
during the past year, but there were only a few gremlins to shake out of the
woodwork.

It was good to see the high bands in better shape, but they were not quite as
good as we might have hoped for, given the excellent conditions during the week
previous. The passage of a coronal hole pushed the K index up to 4/5 for much of
the contest and northerly paths and LF conditions seemed to suffer as a result.

We're about 500 QSOs down on last year on 80 and 40, and our multiplier totals
on 80/160 are low - but in line with everyone else it seems. Reduced LF QSO
totals were perhaps down to everyone was enjoying the high bands, but low
multiplier counts are down to some propagation paths - to the East on 80, and to
most everywhere on 160 - being poorer than they have been over the past few
years.

A fully working 9 circle Rx array built by Tony, G2NF was a great help in
hearing stations who couldn't hear us on 160, and a new local electrical noise
source made life tougher on 80. 40 delivered a great first few hours, but the
second night was much tougher with a very poor opening to North America that we
didn't recover from. 20 was its normal busy self, and tough going, but 15
delivered some excellent runs to JA and the US. 10 was in good shape as well
though this was perhaps a little less inspiring than we might have hoped for.

Zone 19 missed on all bands and Africa was very thin on the ground ;-(

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, and looking forward to seeing you all in the CW
leg.

73,

Andy, G4PIQ for Team M6T

160m : Ops : G4MJS, G2NF, M0MDR
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
26m tall T + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW. 9 circle.

80m : Ops : M0SDV, G4KNO, G0PZA, M0MDR
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan
4sq + Inv-V Dipole @ 20m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW

40m : Ops : G4PIQ, G4PVM, G0WCW, M0MDR
2 x K3 + Ten Tec Titan
3el @ 30m + 402CD @ 30m
180m Beverages NW, SE, NNE/SSW, Dipole @ 10m

20m : Ops : G4BUO, G4AFF, M0TBS, G0PZA, G0WCW, G4MJS, M0MDR
2 x K3 + Acom 2000
204CD @ 30m + 204CD @ 24m

15m : Ops : G4TSH, G0VJG, G4MJS, G0WCW
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan