[3830] CQWW SSB W6JBR SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6jbr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6JBR SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 02:42:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Oceanside CA USA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:53

  160:
   80:    1     1        1
   40:   30     9       14
   20:   54    13       20
   15:   25    14       19
   10:   73    17       29
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I have not been able to contest very much this year, but I was able to
participate in this event. The conditions were excellent, with fantastic
openings on 10 & 15 meters. Stations on all bands were loud and clear with
no QSB, and the waterfall was filled from end-to-end with stations.

For the first time, I used my FLEX 3000 SDR transceiver in a contest, rather
than my K3. Due to my orthopedic issues, operating by ‘point & click’
had significantly less wear & tear on me, over leaning in and spinning knobs
and hitting buttons. I found no issues with the receive capability of the SDR
under the crowded band conditions. The Flex, N1MM+, and PC worked together
flawlessly with no hiccups or burps. I was pleased to work Brunei as a new
country!

Thanks for the Qs. I hope to get see you again in upcoming contests.

73,

JR

Transceiver: FLEX 3000
Amplifier: ACOM 1000