[3830] KRC SST NH6O Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KRC SST NH6O Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 08:05:11 +0000
                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Oct 31

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Honolulu HI
Operating Time (hrs): .3

   20:   2     2
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Park portable - Elecraft KX3, 31-ft end-fed vertically hung in a tree.

Was out for the last hour of CQ WW SSB, and wanted to finally try a SST.

Conditions on 20m at 0z are usually bad for my QRP work. Worked AH6KO
immediately at 0005, but then called CQ only to see no RBN spots. That's never a
good sign. I sent CQ's on 15 and 10, and got spotted on the West Coast on 10,
but nobody was active there.

Went back to 20, and worked N7US with extreme difficulty - thanks for pulling me
out, Jim. Not even the stronger CA/AZ/WA stations were hearing me. I needed to
get home anyway to finish some essential chores, so decided to throw in the
towel at 0025 and call it a day.

I think I'll be sticking to the 0300 CWT's - conditions are usually improved by
then. I'm glad CWops has provided this opportunity for students to practice at
slower speeds, though.

Aloha and 72,
Bob in Honolulu