[3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 05:07:42 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:

  160:    7     1        1
   80:   55     6        5
   40:   33    11       18
   20:  257    25       69
   15:  484    23       38
   10:  237    15       31
------------------------------
Total: 1073    81      162  Total Score = 578,340

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

For I don't know how long, 10m has essentially been a complete write-off. I
listen, maybe call CQ a bit, but inevitably gave up. Similarly, 15m had been
iffy, when open, and whatever opening did appear tended to be very brief and
noisy.
But this weekend... wow! What a difference! What fun! I might even go so far as
to say that 15m was my go-to band. LOL
EU was a challenge, regardless of band. S&P only.
I enjoyed some great pileups, with an NA, SA, JA focus. I love the brain workout
that it entails -- picking out one callsign but remembering others or parts of
another to facilitate the next Q. Speed and accuracy is everything, right?
On that note, I must apologize to the ops I was unable to work as the buzzer
rang. I know there were quite a few waiting their turn. I was sweeping as fast
as I could, but the process slowed when multiple stations called on top of each
other and obliterated key letters and numbers in the active Q. :(
Overall, it was really nice to hear so many familiar callsigns. Glad to have
exchange a pleasantry along with contest exchange.
Thanks for all the Qs. See you again soon.
de Rebecca VA7BEC