[3830] CQWW SSB N1RM SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N1RM SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 00:03:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA

  160:
   80:   38    10       29
   40:  114    31       94
   20:  320    31       94
   15:  407    30      102
   10:  583    28      110
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It's amazing what a little propagation will do! A year ago I could only dream of
10M being my most productive band, but it just kept on giving. I only tried
running a little bit but kept getting lured away by the seemingly endless flow
of workable spots. Doing mostly S&P I still managed rates frequently over
100/hr, and sometimes over 200/hr for bursts. I cycled among 10, 15, and 20M
during daylight and slogged on 40M and 80M into the night.

I was shooting for 1M points and didn't think I'd make it after Friday night,
but then the magic happened and I managed an all time highest score for me, and
my first time > 2M points.

The station played beautifully.  The only hitch was with all the band changes
and frequent use of the 180 mode on the SteppIR, it seemed to lose calibration.
Time to tilt the tower over and check things out, and maybe even invest in the
newly designed return fittings for the trombone elements.

Bottom line - this was about the most fun I've had in a phone contest.

73,
Rick
N1RM

K4D, A2000, SteppIR DB18e, KPA500, OCF dipole