[3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0eo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB0EO SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 22:51:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 10:20

   10:  374    33      113
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

With the passing of my father in law on Thursday, family duties took precedence
over the contest. The only way to make the time work was single band 10 meters.
I set a couple of modest objectives: 30 zones, 100 countries, and 100,000
points. I spent the majority of the time on search and pounce. I missed only one
zone that I could barely hear - zone 34 with ST0HQ. The two zones that took the
most effort to work were zone 21 with HZ0YL and zone 24 with B7P. Other than
those, I generally worked every station within one or two calls. It was fun to
bust the pileups against the big gun stations out east and west.

There was a lot of skewed path propagation - EU is normally 45 degrees, but I
had the best success at 110 degrees. I also noticed that going to SE Asia.

This was not my highest totals for single band 10 meters which occurred during
the peak of the last solar cycle. However, the band conditions were solid and an
indicator of things to come.

One of the highlights of the weekend was working Kylee KE0WPA on backscatter -
assuming she was running 5 watts. A number of other MWA stations stopped by to
say howdy.

73 and good DX!

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN