[3830] NyQP K1NZ/M SO MobileSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP K1NZ/M SO MobileSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 02:41:58 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2022

Call: K1NZ/M
Operator(s): K1NZ
Station: K1NZ/M

Class: SO MobileSSB LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

   40:         154
   20:          30
   15:          16
----------------------------
Total:   0     200      0  Mults = 43  Total Score = 8,600

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first attempt at a rover all by myself. Somehow, the route I planned
ended up being the perfect length. I had about 6 1/2 hours of driving planned
(in NY, plus 1 1/2 hours each way in and out from/to my home in MA) with the
route starting at the COL/REN county line just north of the B3 exit on the
Masspike connector, up route 22 to Ticonderoga, down 9N along the Lake George
shoreline, then skirting West of Saratoga Springs and Albany southward to the
GRE/ULS line and then west back toward the NY/CT border. I managed to hit 6
county lines and 11 counties during the trip.

All in all, it was a great day for a drive. The weather was perfect and the
foliage was awesome, especially up in Washington county, near Lake
George/Ticonderoga, and with the Adirondacks in the background.

I'm glad the sponsors decided to add the county line option this year as it
really encouraged me to drive in and operate. I could cut my number of stops in
half and focus on operating more. I also will note that a bunch of people had
trouble logging the county lines. I think it was N3FJP logger that had the most
trouble. People seemed to have to enter the QSO twice and ignore it marking me
as a dupe. Might be worth a feature request to implement the multi-county /
separator that N1MM uses.

I will have to look into a better way of using Google maps for navigation. It
has this annoying quirk of trying to resolve lat/long into something that it
knows... which may be miles away from where I want to be. Other than that,
everything worked flawlessly. 100W from an FT-100D into an ATAS-120 got the job
done.

Thanks for all the Qs everyone and I hope to be back next year!
73,
Nick K1NZ