[3830] NyQP N2CU(@N2CU/M) SO MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP N2CU(@N2CU/M) SO MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 17:04:46 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2022

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU/M

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 7:03

  160:
   80:   108    56
   40:   580    69
   20:   294    10
   15:    46     6
   10:     4     2
----------------------------
Total:  1032   139      0  Mults = 83  Total Score = 182,849

Club: Niagara Frontier Radiosport

Comments:

Wow, that was fun! I was opposed at first to having to be right on a county line
for mobiles, since it is not always safe or in a good location. However, I found
it wasn't bad at all. I really enjoyed the humungous pileups! I activated 11
counties in total and 10 were county lines. The biggest issue was the amount of
time it takes to go from county line to the next. One trip took nearly two
hours.

I worked 40 NY counties, 43 states and 7 countries. My best 60 minute rate was
240/hour, which is a total rush for a mobile. Speaking of pileups, most were
well behaved; except for 80m CW. Probably because my signal was puny weak but
some people just kept calling over and over while I was replying to a station. I
have a new respect for DX-pedition operators (I could never do one).

BIG thanks to everyone who called in and made this a blast, especially those who
followed me in each county. Double-digit QSOs with: OM2VL (43), NS2N and WN4AFP
(22), NA1NA (17), K2SSS (14), K8MFO and WB9HFK (13), K3WJV, K4RUM, VE9VIC, W1FM
and WA1UJU (12), W5TM and K2QO (11), W9QL, AC0W and K2QB (10).

I really wanted to give SSB a good try but it was impossible to find a clear
frequency to run on. Tells the story about the level of activity this year.

I even took time to give a station a 30m QSO with NIA county on the drive home
after the contest.

K3/100
40-10m hamsticks on roof of Toyota RAV4
KA8KIP screwdriver (80/75m)