[3830] SDQP N0AC(@N0AC/M) Rover/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SDQP N0AC(@N0AC/M) Rover/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 01:03:14 +0000
                    South Dakota QSO Party - 2022

Call: N0AC
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC/M

Class: Rover/Portable LP
QTH:

----------------------------
Total:  326     0       0  Mults = 47  Total Score = 30,644

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Forrest Gump's mother said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never
know what you are going to get."

Well I didn't know what I was going to get by going mobile in the South Dakota
QSO Party. Were conditions that poor or was the activity down?

I enticed my wife into heading to South Dakota by offering her a favorite BBQ
lunch in Omaha. Stopping at Porky Butts BBQ Saturday we journeyed further north
to SD arriving later that afternoon. After supper I went out for about 1 1/2
hours solo to activate three counties. It is a good thing I operated since that
was the best conditions I encountered this weekend. We started Sunday morning
about 1330z and ran a short route of 10 counties ending at Sioux City, Ia about
1800z.

My Saturday operation amounted to about 46.6% of my total QSOs. Only 174 more
went into Sunday's log. The highest QSO number goes to K8MFO and N1AIA with 10
Qs each. DX worked were F8PDR, HC2AO, KL7SB, and OM2VL.

The last time we were in South Dakota was 1999 so we enjoyed the drive through
the country side. We were impressed with the cleanliness and fine highways.

Thanks for my wife driving and the Prairie Dog Amateur Radio for sponsoring the
contest.

Bill, N0AC