[3830] CaQP N8II SO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N8II SO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 23:50:20 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14:10

   40:   59     12
   20:   94    124
   15:   89     69
   10:   71    169
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Not too bad considering my always present noise which always bothers 80M and
enough to wipe out very weak signals on 15 with minor effects on 20 and 10
together household responsibilities. Also my 40M antenna is only a dipole. What
10M added which was pretty amazing,  15M and 20 almost took away in propagation
and QSO's. It was a fairly slow start after sweeping through 20 CW and SSB. 15M
was barely open to CA all afternoon until about 2040Z. If someone else was
calling a station, I was usually the last one through. Perhaps my 94ft antenna
height causes a null, but same size yagi on 10M at 99 ft performed very well. 10
did produce well both days and I had 99 10M SSB Q's in the log after a run
ending 2117Z. My best hour was 20Z with 59 Q's mostly running 10M SSB. Attempts
at running on CW were nearly totally futile. Thanks to N9BD for call from YUBA
on 10M SSB, never heard K6TS is Sierra.

Thanks for all of the calls and QSO's, worked one station on 9 different band
slots. And thanks to several for words of encouragement. Congrats to K7SV for
high claimed LP score with many more CW Q's than I could muster.

73, Jeff