[3830] CaQP K6VO(K6NR) SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6VO(K6NR) SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 17:55:08 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: K6VO
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SO HP
QTH: SBER

  160:    28     5
   80:    98    13
   40:   203     1
   20:   370    92
   15:   354   110
   10:   165    77
--------------------
Total:  1218   298  Mults = 58  Total Score = 246,500

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

CQP is always a lot of fun, and did not disappoint in 2022.
I entered single op using our family call sign, K6VO,
which was my father's until he passed away in 1999. It's a
joy in itself to put K6VO back on the air for a weekend.

There was great activity; during the first hours of the
contest I worked several stations outside of California who
had higher counts than I did, and I was running. Plenty of
Californians to work I'd say.

I started on 10 meters, which was open to the East Coast,
but not well. I came back after a few hours on 15, which
was great, to find 10 in better shape. Not much from the
middle of the country, however.

All the bands were good, although the low bands were noisy
and I couldn't seem to raise as many stations, especially
on 160. Tons of activity, the only limit to how many I
worked was how long I could manage to sit in the chair. I
quit 2 hours early, I had to close up the station and
drive back home from the desert to Irvine.

I avoid operating phone, but had some fun SSB runs. Quite
a few stations seemed to get on just to work me, as they
gave me number 1.  Let's hope they didn't use number 1
for everyone. One guy gave me number 1 twice; when I
pointed that out he said "ok, make it a 2".

Thanks to VY1CO and VE8GER for the elusive NT, to VE4XT
and VE4GV for MB, and to K0OP who was the only station
I worked from North Dakota! The top multipliers for me
were ON (89), TN (77), TX (71), PA (69), and IL (65).
I worked 67 DX stations, many on 15 CW.

Once again, great contest, my thanks to all...  Dana/K6NR

Station: K4 to KPA1500 (running around 1000w)
Antennas: 5L@48' on 10, 5L@45' on 15, 4L@60' on 20
40 meter 4 square
80 meter vertical over 66 radials
160 meter inverted L.