[3830] CaQP NT6Q(N5ZO) SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, marko.n5zo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NT6Q(N5ZO) SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 06:12:21 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2022

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SO HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    26    16
   80:   206    46
   40:   383    59
   20:   498   235
   15:   469   143
   10:   290   218
--------------------
Total:  1872   717  Mults = 58  Total Score = 408,726

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

That went better than I expected, thanks to great 10 and 15 this year.  I was
actually not motivated for CQP this year at all but once it started I got
completely sucked into the activity.  I took my 1st break only after midnight
for 5 hrs to have good sleep.  I did not expect to get to 400k at all from my
modest station on just 1 acre when it began but about halfway through it became
my goal.  Let's see if the score stays above 400k after log checking.  Again
very high portion of CW this year in my log (72%), score just accumulates much
faster when making those 3 point CW QSOs, especially as using 2 radios is much
easier for me on that mode.  In fact it seems that I made now more CW QSOs in
this CQP than any Single Op before (before log checking) as it just beats CW QSO
record set by N6TV last year in his CW only effort.  And I still found time to
make few SSB QSOs.  I did not quite expect it and it seems to me that CW
activity is increasing in these CQPs.  ND was last multiplier I worked and
actually worked 3 different stations from there during whole contest.  And I
made 2 VY QSOs too (VY1CO and VY1AAA who both answered me), thanks for those
always rare multiplier QSOs !  I was doing fair amount of S&Ping with second
radio (often when running SSB with other radio).  It seems to me that many CA
stations are not S&Ping much at all and are instead just running most of the
contest.  There are lots of Qs to be made with all CA stations on air so I was
really trying hard to get them into log on as many bands and modes as possible.
Being very South here in SDIE helps to hear them reasonably well most of the
time and I also always keep one antenna pointed to North ready to work anything
from that direction.  Next one will be CQ SSB from zone 26 (HS) and CW from zone
29 (VK6).  I will have to skip my usual SS CW participation this year.  73 and
tnx for Qs de Marko N5ZO