[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 03:16:43 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 30

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:  13     12
   40:  24     16
Total:  37     28  Total Score = 1,036

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I've been doing these sprints at least 18 years and I never heard the bans like
they were tonight.  No signals on 15 or 20 M before the start.  None on 15 at
teh start.  Only readable signal on 20M at the start was a very weak N6XI and
Rick didn't hear me.  Very little activity on 40 at the start  Only SO2R station
N4AF.  Very slow start until everyone else came down to 40 from the higher
bands.  Skip relatively long on 40 except for N4AF who was very strong.  No
other 4s heard.  KZ5D was very weak, but came up for a QSO just before I went to
80.  N3BB was pretty weak on 40, but KG5U was loud.  Most loud stations didn't
hear me call.  80M was pretty good.  I heard, but did not work, several CA
stations.  Guess best QSOs on 80 were K8CN, VE3YT and n)AC.  Thanks for all
QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.

Yes. I'm sure I was running 100W, but it felt like 5W or less!