[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3I SOSB80 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@outlook.be
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON3I SOSB80 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 14:28:40 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: ON3I
Operator(s): ON3I
Station: ON3I

Class: SOSB80 QRP
QTH:

-----------------------------------
Total:  333       2      41    6  Total Score = 31,020

Hi all

In august the cooler of my laptop was broken. A local shop said they could make
it but week after week the contest was coming closer and the laptop wasn't
fixed. Wednesday before the contest the laptop was made, contest was saved and
could defend my title.

Compared to years before I'm not that active any more, so more difficult for me
to know how the conditions really are. Numbers and predictions say something but
not everything.

Anyway the start of the contest was good, the first 4 hours I had 28 qso'/h
average. That's more then in the past and always nice to start a contest like
that. I knew that the first shift would be a success.
Could call a lot CQ and had more respons, sometimes I had 4-5 qso's in a row,
one after another. Guys who contest qrp know that that isn't standard.
Missed some DX stations, never heard P49X, AA3B, HK3T, ... Couldn't work 3V8SS,
K5ZD, W1VE. K9CT, think it hasn't sense anymore to call him on 80m, contest
after contest in RTTY he is strong but impossible to work. K1LZ was booming and
easy to work and like last year K1SFA came back to my CQ, appreciate the call
guys!!
Worked only 4 dx stations, the 2 USA stations and CR3DX and CR3W. Honestly hoped
for more USA stations, but overall is was like I expected it.
Worked a Russian station, UR station, EW station, all just one. Missed Z35, ES
but worked two HB0 stations ;-).
There is only one country that saves my contest year after year. Don't be
shocked it is DL ;-). 108 DL's, that is more then last year, they kept coming,
but good enough for me. So thank you for the qso's Dl guys!
Sunday was slow, at 2 utc the rates dropped significant and sundayevening was
the same. Anyway goal was around 300-330 qso's so happy to make it.

2. DL is top country, followed by Italy and G.
3. Would be the sixth best score all time, 3-4-5 and 6 in the ranking is ON3DI
;-).
4. Been spotted by M3AWD, HB9TZU, PA6Q, ON8LX, thanks for that!

Thanks for all the qso's, looking forward to the claimed scores.

Working conditions, 5w, ft897 and dipole.

73

Pieter ON3DI