[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7TMT SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7tmt@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W7TMT SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 00:16:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: W7TMT
Operator(s): W7TMT
Station: W7TMT

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 23:50

   80:    8        6      1     2
   40:   58       20      6     7
   20:  181       47     23    15
   15:  198       42     27    16
   10:   80       26     11    10
-----------------------------------
Total:  525      141     68    50  Total Score = 195,286

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Short 80 M Vertical, home-brew inductively loaded near center 40M dipole,
20/15/10M fan dipole

Speaking of Summer contest station upgrades…

Can’t say enough about my latest station upgrade. Just added a brand new Daiwa
DWA-CS-201A, 2-postition manual coax switch. This switch is in the critical path
for selecting between the 40M dipole and the 20/15/10 M dipole. Note that this
is the Contester Super-Deluxe version with the upgraded knob featuring gently
rounded edges to prevent skin chafe over the course of a long contest. The
action is very smooth. Easy to operate but with a positive detent that lets you
rest assured it is properly engaged. Never missed a band change during the 24
hours in the chair. Add to that the low 0.2 dB insertion loss and 60 dB port
isolation and it’s a real winner.

Of course part of the great performance may be due to the new coax jumper I use
to connect the switch to the radio. A beautiful 3 footer made from a scrap of
RG-400 I had left over from winding several coax chokes per the K9YC Choke
Cookbook. Silver-plated Amphenol Teflon connectors of course. It also looks very
elegant. The silver-plated braid glistening under the tough, waterproof
fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) - MIL-C-17 jacket adds a hint of elegance
to the shack.

73, and Tnx for the Q's.