[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:59:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO K3EST K6AW WU6P DL9DRA KK6PXT
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oakley CA - 03
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   80:  384       54      16    12
   40:  792       55      68    29
   20:  830       52      79    30
   15: 1110       56      85    28
   10:  441       43      30    19
------------------------------------
Total: 3557      260     278   118  Total Score = 4,264,656

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I want to start by thanking our guest operator, Ralf DR9DLA for joining our team
while in town for business, adding his contesting skill and expertise to the
group.  Conditions were.. different.  with certain bands much better, and others
not so much.  but our team as well as myself, had a fantastic time.  here is how
it went down--

10M -K3EST primary, K6AW with help from WU6P and DL9DRA
Bob K3EST says: Marginal conditions Saturday, until 2100 then a fb opening to
the far east for 2 hours.  No EU, closest being CR3DX.  Sunday AM poor condx.
WU6P took over sunday afternoon, no JA, limited DX but decent domestic opening.
not too shabby as last year we had 5 qsos.

15M - N6WM Iron butt.  wow! I actually felt kinda bad for some other team
members as I was racking up great JA runs friday, better than expected EU
opening and stay power both Saturday and Sunday, great domestic participation
and propagation.  this was the money band this year for us..  best 15m
conditions I can recall, and I had a great time!

20M - K6AW primary, K3EST with help from DL9DRA. 20 was a rough ride, and I have
to hand it to Steve for bringing our qso totals nearly to last years numbers on
a grueling uphill battle.  steve was remote.  bob on site.  there were some
usual technical difficulties that we managed.  Bob says there was a good EU
opening Sat AM, but no real runs.

40M - WU6P,DL9DRA split primary Role and some training rtty qsos for Greg
KK6PXT.  DL9DRA was having fun adding to his expertise w6 propagation (...)
these guys did a very professional job in worse low band conditions as compared
to last year. WU6P was please with solid opening   to JA starting midnight local
time. Ralf was a proud dad as his son worked our station operating as DM7XX at
the home station and worked us on 3 band slots,  physical QSL card en route to
Dresden to confirm.

80M:N6RO and K3EST primary with help from WU6P Saturday night.  Bob felt
conditions were OK domestically yielding a WAS, only 1 EA worked...  and from
the station Maestro - Ken N6RO: Bob led off on 80m on Friday  with a fine qso
total when I took over on the graveyard shift, 08-14z.  Good rates during East
coast SR, then logging Asians; 2 HLs and 37 JAs (a station band record). Prop
very good to JA, still open at our SR.  High dipole, 4 SQ, and 2L quad were all
very effective. No equip. failures, a few N1MM issues, team did a fine job. Did
a little coaching for the newer ops., spaghetti on Sat.  tnx to N6WM for
managing the contest, a great 15m total,  and providing eats for the team.
Thanks to NA6O for help in trouble-shooting the antenna switch GUI and the
Tornado tuner.

Over all I and we are happy with these totals..  Activity was decent, upper band
propagation good... looks like we have a solar cycle!

I want to personally thank the entire N6WM cqww RTTY team for your
professionalism and great operating skills, and fantastic eyeball qsos!  Ken for
the use of the N6RO superstation, and of course good to have most members back
in the shack!!

73 and seeya next time..

Chris
N6WM