[3830] CQ WW RTTY K7BTW M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7btw@thewrongaddress.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K7BTW M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 01:44:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2022

Call: K7BTW
Operator(s): K7BTW K7MO K7VAP N9ADG WG7X K7EDX
Station: K7BTW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Rainier, WA

   80:  263       52       8     9
   40:  582       51      49    26
   20:  743       54      60    27
   15:  716       50      67    23
   10:  261       37      20    12
------------------------------------
Total: 2565      244     204    97  Total Score = 2,375,655

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

This was our first big contest using M2.  It added a new dimension to our
contesting as it gave the opportunity for more involvement by the participants.
Conditions were much better than last year as 10 had openings both afternoons.

Saturday afternoon we had a visit from Comcast informing us that we were
knocking  out Internet service and tv streaming channels to the entire town of
Rainier. They had detected strong 21 MHz and 28 MHz rf in their system.  Guess
what bands we were on?
 They researched the addresses of all the hams in the area to locate the ones
near the center of the outage area.  That led right to my door step.  We keyed
and unkeyed both radios to confirm for them that the rf was from us. I don't
really know if they expected us to do something.  We were doing nothing
different from what we have been doing for 10 years without ever before having a
problem.  We told them that we were going to continue operating and that the
problem was their's, not our's.  Sometime later service was restored, but they
were still doing some work to the system the next day.  I hope some service
techs will get nice overtime checks.