[3830] NJQP N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NJQP N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 20:36:21 +0000
                    New Jersey QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7:29

   80:   14      1
   40:   21     33
   20:    6      1
   15:    1      1
   10:    1      1
----------------------------
Total:   43     37      0  Mults = 17  Total Score = 4,182

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Last year the SFI was 73, now running mostly in 130's, quite a difference! Last
year NJ was skipping over me on 40 all day until around 23-24Z when skip went a
bit shorter, so no hope of doing well. This year, most NJ stations on SSB were
on 40 too long if anything. Conditions from here to NJ were excellent. The
activity on 40 was enough that you couldn't be gone long without missing
someone. Thanks to K2AA/M for QSO's from 4 different counties on 40 phone.
Thanks also to Carol, N2MM for running the bands with me except 75/80M. Yes, we
can work direct, no ionosphere needed. I am only about 140 miles from the NJ
border. Thanks to Doug, KR2Q for offering to QSY for 2 more QSO's.

Only W2ZQ who was CQ'ing was worked on 75M; I called CQ on 75M for 3 different
stints without any answer. A lot of QSO's were missed on 80 CW and 75M due to
the poor activity.

Most all of the counties I missed were in NNJ, not was much support from there
as SNJ. Overall, it was enjoyable, but a bit tedious after 2230Z finding new
QSO's. I had to take about 30 minutes off at 2235Z to feed my daughter's dogs
besides fixing and eating 2 meals. By around 2315Z, the closer NJ stations were
in and out of the skip zone on 40, all were gone for good around 0120Z. My last
QSO was WB2PJH on 80 at 0212Z, not much of any activity left by then.

Thanks for the QSO's; I was able to run some stations especially on 40 phone.