[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K1TEO Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 16:11:52 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26.5
OpMode: SO2R

    6:  245    56
    2:  250    58
  222:   90    36
  432:  118    39
  903:   34    23
  1.2:   48    24
  2.3:   25    18
  3.4:   12    10
  5.7:    6     6
  10G:    5     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  833   275  Total Score = 370,975

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Decent contest highlighted by some fun runs with rovers up through the
microwaves - tnx guys you make the contest exciting. Band condx were ok with
some slight enhancement Saturday, though it was spotty. Sunday AM the band was
enhanced down the coast based on some signal reports I had on 2M from the
Carolinas but I didn't work any of the DX that copied me (based on texts and
PSKReporter flags). Probably my high noise on 144. By mid-day Sunday it was
raining and condx were normal to slightly below the rest of the contest.

Rigs mainly worked though I had a few scary minutes when one of my rotors
wouldn't read out Saturday evening. Detaching and reattaching the control line
did the trick. Phew. Sunday evening my swr on 432 went way up. Monday morning it
was back to normal. That will be a "fun" issue to resolve.

One fun thing I tried at times was single op 3 radios. When I was on 902 and up
I could have FT8 on both 6 and 2 going at the same time as the microwaves. That
was interesting.

Tnx for the Q's, to the ARRL and agn to the Rovers for heading out!

Jeff