[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kf2mr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 21:31:54 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KF2MR/R
Operator(s): KF2MR
Station: KF2MR/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WNY

    6:   30     4
    2:   39     6
  222:   33     4
  432:   37     4
  903:   29     4
  1.2:   29     4
  2.3:   16     3
  3.4:   12     3
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  225    37  Total Score = 18,315

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

What a great contest. My only regret was that I was not able to participate
longer and didn’t have the needed time to bring 5 & 10G along. With a
family obligation on the other side of the state, I missed all of Saturday, and
several hours Sunday morning as I assembled the rover. I made a few contacts as
I drove back home from the family function for an FN32 grid activation. Activity
level was great in Western NY with lots of microwave capable fixed stations and
rovers. My focus was simply to support the Rochester VHF Group stations with as
many contacts as I could with the limited time I had available. It was a blast.
I spent my time in FN02, FN03, FN12, and FN13. I originally had plans to go to
FN22 and FN23, but I stayed quite busy in the local four grids. I am looking
forward to January and getting back to a more conventional approach to
contesting where I balance outside grids with local contacts. The growth in our
area is very encouraging and a few more club members have plans to build up
microwave capable rovers.