[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:22:31 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KG6CIH/R
Operator(s): KG6CIH
Station: KG6CIH/R

Class: Unlimited Rover HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   86    13
    2:   58    14
  222:   38    10
  432:   42    11
  903:   19     5
  1.2:   25     7
  2.3:   16     5
  3.4:   15     5
  5.7:   10     3
  10G:   11     3
  24G:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  326    87  Total Score = 58,290

Bah, who needs 6m propagation.  I beat my June score thanks to just tons of
microwave contacts, a couple surprise contacts, more time on the phone getting
people's attention, and smarter use of FT8 in the slow moments (like most of
FN41 - Jerimoth Hill).  Totals include two contacts and one mult on each of 47
GHz, 122 GHz, and light as well as six grids activated.

I worked 35 6m and 6 2m digital contacts.  I briefly saw W8ZN on 2m but was
never able to get his attention.  I did manage one FMxx mult on 6m and that was
about it as far as 6m propagation.  I saw a tiny bit right at the very end of
the contest but not enough to work with.

Of course, I have tons of things to fix and improve for the next event but that
is always the case.

Thanks to my usual contacts - AF1T, W1MKY, K1TEO, and WB1GQR.  Thanks also to
AF1R/R for driving way out to FN51, K2QO/R for the surprise eight bands into
FN22, KV1J for six bands up in FN44, and W2SZ for working me on ten bands.

(Note, I need to double check the log - it's possible a number here or there
might be off.)