[3830] NA Sprint CW VE6RST HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW VE6RST HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 14:34:46 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: VE6RST
Operator(s): VE6RST
Station: VE6RST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AB

   20:  50       25
---------------------
Total:  50     Mults = 25  Total Score = 1,250

Club:

Team:

Comments:

First time trying NA sprint. I love the fast pace but ran into lots of software
issues being new to N1MM.
I thought I had N1MM set up correctly but my exchanged locked up on the first
contact with John K4BAI,sorry John, my callsign just kept repeating. I had to
finish the contact with my paddle and spend some time fixing that problem.

I'm not sure how ops keep track of the 1 or 5 kHz. QSY rule in such a rapid pace
contest but I was all over the place trying not to break that rule. With
stations packed so close together it was easy to lose track of how much you QSY
between calls.
I also ran into a issue with Run versus S&P which I never did get solved to
my satisfaction. When I would call a station (S&P) the exchange went fine
but when it was my turn to call (Run) I had to send a CQ or manually switch to
Run or the exchange would remain in S&P mode. I will have to investigate
that one.
I guess the seasoned ops have it figured out.
I have a lot to learn about NA sprint. I will try and get it right for the next
one.
Thanks for the Qs and your patience.

73
Max