[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 05:16:37 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:30

   80:    5      10
   40:   76     110
   20:   58      90
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Well, that was fun!
I got to the Tree People park south of Studio City at 4:40, 20 minutes to
prepare.
Up went a 66' inverted vee fed with CAT5 single twisted pair on a 30' pole. I
was able to start on time, KH6TU being my first QSO. Everything was hand sent,
as though that weren't obvious. RIP, Kurt. I had trouble sending your name. My
brain wanted to send Rex.
I started logging on a laptop until the power warning appeared, then I scrambled
to get out paper and pen to continue. When it got dark I turned on a portable
lamp. When it died I had to dig out a headlamp.
With hurricane Kay remnants overhead I thought I'd be rained out. It was muggy
but dry until 0330Z when the beginnings of a shower persuaded me to quit so I
packed up.
Conditions were quite good. Stations all over the US were worked on both 20 and
40. I heard DE, IA, MD, MD, UT, VA, VT, VE5, VE7, VO2 but was not heard or
couldn't align.
Thanks for a great Sprint. Congrats to N6TR for a big QRP score.
72,
David N6AN