[3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N8II SO FixedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 20:11:10 +0000
                    Tennessee QSO Party - 2022

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO FixedMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~7.9

  160:    8      2              7
   80:   42     18             36
   40:   62     67             56
   20:    8      4             10
-----------------------------------
Total:  120     91      0     109  Total Score = 69,397

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 4 bonus QSO's with K4TCG, never heard on 20 and 160M. Their
numbers were down from usual, training new contesters?

Although W4NZ was very active as a multi-op from K0EJ, and AD4EB as single op
plus N4ZZ part time, you were missed as those ever present mobiles running high
rates. Jim, AD4EB promises to hit the road next year.

It was a slow burn downward with first hour of 45 QSO's, then 34, then nothing
better than 30 the rest of the party with most od the rest around mid 20's.
Thanks to Kerry, W4SIG/M (21 total QSO's) for what turned into many counties on
80M, but not many the first few hours as I missed him more often than I should
have. KY4L/M always had a good signal on 40 from east TN (closer to me), and
many thanks also to other mobiles K1GU, W4ETA (SSB), W3TB (decent weaker signal
here, but not very busy), and WW5X.

Conditions on 40 could not have been much better from here, surprisingly loud
signals even mid day, loud enough for SSB runs. By the time conditions peaked on
40 around 21-23Z, there were few TN stations left to work on 40. 80 was a
disappointment as usual for QP's this year as ops have the option to still work
40 for mainly stations out west they couldn't reach out west during the day.
Conditions on 80 were okay, but seemed to be best around sunset in TN with the
noise increasing after that. W4SIG/M was easy to work until about 0120Z, then
weaker and it was a struggle to break through the pile ups. Guys don't forget,
you can operate (unless a General) below 3800 and avoid all of the groups that
take up most of the slots. The ops I worked on 160 were mostly well above the
noise, another band that was under utilized with mults/Q's available to easily
work if only they had been there.

Many thanks for the calls and QSO's, the TN stations I worked seemed to be
enjoying themselves. I have the highest out of state score on 3830scores so
far.

73, Jeff