[3830] CQWW VHF KA0WAS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KA0WAS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 01:52:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KA0WAS
Operator(s): KA0WAS
Station: KA0WAS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Burns Harbor IN
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
OpMode: SO2R

    6:   77    45
    2:   38    18
-------------------
Total:  115    63  Total Score = 9,639

2m - IC-9700 @ 100W, M2 2m12 antenna at 45 ft
6m - Flex-6600 @ 100W, M2 6M5X antenna at 30 ft with M2 6m Halo diversity
antenna @ 35 ft

Started out strong on Saturday with a good run on 2m and some Sporadic-E on 6m.
Hepburn tropo maps predicted moderate probability of ducting over Lake Michigan
into Wisconsin and across to Minnesota. I stayed up until 2am waiting for the
tropo to happen, but it never did.

6m had a few flurries of activities into Northeast US, Southeast US, Texas, New
Mexico, and Arizona. No openings to Europe whatsoever. The band died around 1pm
Central and stayed dead. It was elegantly stated on ON4KST "Everything went
pouf" which it pretty much did.

Last hour was filled with a handful of local late comers. Where were you the
prior 26 hours? We could have used more people on the bands!

Most contact were FT8 but I worked quite a few phone contacts on 2m and 6m on
Saturday. I had panadapters monitoring FT4 and FT8 DX window (.323) never saw a
soul. On Sunday kept a panadapter on 6m phone band and only saw one station.

2m Most Distant Contact - W0LGQ 454 mi
6m Most Distant Contact - N2IC 1292 mi