[3830] ARRL June VHF NC6K SO 3Band-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egruff@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NC6K SO 3Band-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 04:58:19 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2022

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO 3Band-All Modes HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  177   102
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  177   102  Total Score = 18,054

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another frustrating VHF contest weekend here in propagation-denied Southern CA.
We had a decent opening for a few hours at the start of the contest and then the
band went dead around 2200Z for the rest of the day. I got up early here and by
1500Z, dozens of EU stations were pouring in! I thought I'd died and gone to
heaven - I even had to move to 50.323 for FT8 contacts. There weren't any EU on
CW that I could hear, but still managed 13 new grids in EU and 1 DXCC (YO) to
get to 76. The opening lasted about an hour, followed by a mediocre single hop
opening to the Midwestern US that evaporated around 2100Z. The band remained
dead the rest of the day. So, I figure I had about six or seven hours of
propagation in total. All in all, it wasn't the worst VHF contest weekend given
the horrors of the past few years, but other than the EU opening, nothing I'll
reminisce about later.
Thanks for the Qs and CU next time!
73 de NC6K